I made this tasty dessert for the first time for an Easter get-together at my aunt’s house. It was so light and tasted just like a strawberry shortcake but looked even more beautiful. It is the perfect and quick dessert for any family event. =)
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
The perfect and quick dessert for any event or outing.
Write a review
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 yellow cake, cut into 2 x 2 inch cubes
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1. Bake cake according to directions on box.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy; add sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the almond extract; set aside.
- 3. Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- 4. Gently stir in cake pieces; set aside.
- 5. Slice strawberries very thin. Combine strawberries and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 6. Layer in a large glass bowl, starting with 1/4 of the strawberries, then adding 1/3 of the cake mixture.
- 7. Continue layering; finish with strawberries.
- 8. Cover with plastic wrap; and chill several hours.