This berry syrup is so versatile. It can be used in so many recipes; anything from french toast and pancakes to filling for desserts. It can be whipped up in no time flat and it is so easy and delicious!
So, lets get started.
Gather the ingredients. You will need:
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 – 12 oz container raspberries
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
To make this delicious berry syrup:
1. Add berries, sugar, and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Then, cook until berries create their own juices and break down into a syrupy, slightly runny mixture.
2. Next, add in the vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Whisk in the xanthan gum slowly as to avoid lumps. Stir constantly until the syrup begins to thicken. Let simmer for another minute and remove from heat.
4. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. It will thicken slightly more as it cools.
5. Pour over french toast, pancakes, waffles or anything your heart desires. Enjoy!