This is just a simple dessert but it is one that the boys and I enjoy!
Bring water to a boil in a medium pot on medium-high heat.
Add two cups of rice and turn heat down to low.
Cover and let rice cook for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, fluff with a fork and let cool.
Add pineapple to large bowl.
Add the 10 oz jar of chopped cherries.
Add 2 cups mini marshmallows.
Add 2/3 cup sugar.
Add the 2 cups of cooked and cooled rice.
Lastly, add the 16 oz container of Cool Whip and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Mix all the ingredients together. It may not be the prettiest dessert ever but it sure tastes good. =)
Put in a glass bowl for serving and presentation! =) Enjoy and bon appetit! =)
- 2 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- 16-oz container Cool Whip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1- 13 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-10 oz jar maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1. Cook rice according to box.
- 2. Let rice cool.
- 3. Mix rice, sugar, pineapple and vanilla. Stir in marshmallows and cherries.
- 4. Fold into Cool Whip and refrigerate till ready to eat.
- Enjoy and bon appetit!