This meatloaf is special to our family because my Mom and Dad used to make it for me. I did add a small kick by creating the sweet sauce!
Meatloaf with Sweet Sauce
Write a review
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb italian sausage
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- (about 10) ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Combine the first five ingredients. Mix in the ketchup and egg. Add the crackers and mix into meatloaf.
- 3. Press and shape the meat into a loaf of your desired size. Put loaf into greased loaf pan.
- 4. Mix the ketchup and brown sugar to make the sweet sauce. Pour the sweet sauce on top of the loaf and spread.
- 5. Bake in oven for 1 hour.