A Healthier Pizza
Pizza!! Did somebody say pizza!? Who doesn’t love pizza!?
My hips…don’t love pizza.
We get to the point where we know something has got to give in our diet…and pray that is not our pants…am I right!? ha!
Reality strikes and we have to make some tough decisions. But do they always have to be tough? Does dieting really have to be hard? Boring? Tasteless? Of course not!
There are things we can do to make our diets pleasing to the pallet. One thing I love to do is take ordinary dishes and put a keto twist on them. That involves removing the carbs, starches, sugars, and making a healthier version of the foods we love so much.
Take this recipe for example. Traditional pizza crust has carbs galore and most sauces have sugars and carbs. How can we change that into something we can have without the regret and the elastic stretchy pants?
Transform the traditional pizza crust into a cauliflower pizza crust and voila! Guilt free pizza!
I got this recipe from Dr. Berg, a professional on the ketogenic diet and it’s health benefits. He has seen thousands of patients and has helped them to achieve their health and weight goals. He is extremely knowledgeable on the subject. Stumbling onto his youtube channel was the best thing that ever happened to me. When I learned about ketogenic dieting and what it could do for me, I was immediately hooked. I started this diet in my 3rd trimester with my daughter. You did it while pregnant??? Yes! Yes, I did. It is extremely healthy for your body and safe for your growing baby. Their little brains need fats and proteins. And, because that is what this diet consists of, it contains everything you and your baby would need.
Anyway, I kept with this diet until the birth of my daughter and started again when I was able to workout. I have lost 37 lbs and haven’t felt this good since college!
Okay…enough chatting! Let’s make this pizza!
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low carb,no sugar added pasta or pizza sauce (I use Rao's)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni, bacon, onion, etc (anything you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Combine grated cauliflower, cheese, and eggs into a large bowl. Mix until combined. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the pizza pan. Dump the cauliflower mixture onto the parchment paper and begin the push down and spread from middle to sides until the crust is a uniform thickness. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings. When, the crust has finished baking, add your sauce and toppings. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice your pizza into the desired size pieces and enjoy!