This soup is hearty and delicious and the spices are just right! It is one of my go to soups for company!
The first time I had this soup, I had to know who made it. We had a get-together at my in-laws house and everyone brought a soup of some kind to share. Nancy, a friend of mine brought this soup. I fell in love with it. I just had to have the recipe. I still make it now and my family loves it!! Try it. You will not be disappointed.
Let’s get this recipe crackin’.
First, brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. When browned, drain grease. Add onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent.
Next, add the peppers, carrots, and celery. Saute until almost tender. They will cook the rest of the way when the soup boils.
Pour in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
Lastly, add the spices and stir. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
Fifteen minutes in, add the tortellini. The tortellini will cook in the last 15 minutes. They are done when they float to the top of the soup.
Serve and enjoy!
- 16 oz bag tortellini
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 oz can tomato sauce
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1. Brown sausage in large pot over medium heat. Drain sausage. Add onions and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- 2. Add the carrots, celery, and peppers. Saute until almost tender. They will cook the rest of the way in the soup.
- 3. Pour in 5 cups of beef broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- 4. Add the spices and stir.
- 5. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6. Serve hot and enjoy!