I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest while searching for some Paleo snack recipes. I am trying to get back to some cleaning eating after a weekend with family (that of course contains junk food) and needed to detox a bit. Plus, being that I am in my second trimester of pregnancy, I am trying to avoid gaining those unwanted extra pounds. I hope to gain only what is necessary. So…here is what I found.
Thanks GimmeSomeOven for this awesome healthy snack recipe! They are filling and delicious! Try them out and check out Gimmesomeoven’s blog! It is amazing!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- 2. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- 3. Makes about 20-25 balls.
- If you just can't wait and want to eat them sooner, place them into the freezer for 15 minutes! They will be firm and ready to eat!