These omelets are hearty!
Write a review
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb deli ham or sausage (if sausage cook and drain)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Cook sausage and drain.
- 2. Heat skillet to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Toss in the diced potatoes and cook until soft and golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- 3. Saute onions and peppers in remaining butter until transparent and softened. (or to your taste)
- 4. Pour cooked potatoes, onions and peppers into a small bowl or cup. Add two eggs and beat together. Add the meat.
- 5. Pour omelet mixture onto skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and flip when edges are firm. Cook on other side for 2 minutes. To check omelet, pierce with fork to make sure that the omelet is cooked through (no gooey center).
- 6. When cooked through, fold omelet and add cheddar cheese to top.
- Plate and enjoy!