This is one of the most simple cakes to make, yet incredibly delicious. My Mom made this for me all of the time and it has become a family favorite. Our dinner guests are pretty impressed too!
This decadent cake only requires: a box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix, tub of whipped cream, and chocolate covered Heath bits.
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
- 3 eggs
- 2- 8" round pans
- 1-12oz tub Cool Whip
- 4oz Heath Milk Chocolate English Toffee Bits
- 1. Grease two 8" round cake pans.
- 2. Combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with mixer. Divide batter between two pans.
- 3. Bake according to box directions.
- 4. Remove cakes from the oven and let them cool.
- 5. When cooled completely, turn first cake out of pan and place on platter or cake plate. Begin icing the first cake. Add the next cake on top. Ice this cake making sure to get a thick layer of Cool Whip.
- 6. Sprinkle Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits on top and sides of cake.
- 7. Let chill for about 1 hour. (It takes so much better cold)
- 8. Slice and enjoy.
- Bon appetit!